I’ve had a long-time interest in public service, going back to when I studied economics and government in college, and I want to contribute to improving our city so that people can reach their potential and live happier lives. I’ve been interested in running since I was young, but I waited because I wanted to run on my own experience and credentials, not on my family’s legacy.
Over the years, I have gained experience that qualifies me to serve as Council At-Large:
- Municipal finance professional for 20 years
- Managed manufacturing companies in Philadelphia for 10 years
- CFO of a medical device startup in West Philadelphia for the past 3 years
- Democratic Committeeperson in the 9th Ward for 25 years
- Ward Treasurer in the 9th Ward for 10 years
- Founding Treasurer of the Philadelphia Police Foundation
- Board Member of the Fairmount Park Conservancy
- President of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation-USA, which works on environmental issues
- Board member of Vesper Boat Club, and longtime club member
- Started rowing programs at Ben Franklin High School, and Girard College
As we all know, our political environment has become deeply polarized in recent years. I see a need for a councilperson who combines progressive ideals with a foundation in business and municipal finance; striking a balance to bring Philadelphians together.
Sign in to comment
Bob Beaty commented 2023-04-11 11:29:13 -0400
John Leekley published this page 2023-03-29 14:57:44 -0400